DVB – ATSC – ISDB : SNMP Monitoring
» SNMP based Monitoring : DVB – ATSC – ISDB«
- enables network operators to monitor Digital TV and/or Mobile DTV broadcasts
- continuously monitors hundreds of parameters on all technical layers in real-time at 24/7
- suited for operation within the head-end, at transmitter side or within the field
- support of SNMPv2 GET, GET NEXT, GET BULK, SET and TRAP
- individual configuration of error and warning thresholds
- detailed MIB and TRAP configuration
- comfortable graphical user interface
- comprehensive logging capabilities
- controls and monitors the monitoring components (SAMcorder, SAMesg, SAMitor …)
- start all components automatically and requests their status information once per second
- check the communication to all these components continuously and in case of loss of communication the agent will restart the appropriate component automatically (heartbeat supervision)
» MIB – Management Information Base «
- based on SNMPv2 standard
- provides more than 1000 operations and TRAPs
- individual TRAP configuration
- a TRAP shall get sent with every state change of the particular monitoring parameter or only, if the state gets worse
- a TRAP shall get sent continuously as long as a warning or error condition of the particular monitoring parameter is set or whether the TRAP shall get sent only once when the state changes
- a TRAP shall get sent for error conditions only or for warning + error conditions of the particular monitoring parameter
- a TRAP shall contain further detailed state information or just the new state of the particular monitoring parameter
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
- DirectX 9 or higher
Note: The SNMP Agent – SAMager-Agent – is part of the Software package “DTV Tools” for ATSC, DVB or ISDB.
- The installation process requires administrative privileges.
- After downloading start the installer on your Laptop or PC and follow the instructions of the setup dialog.
This software is shareware and must be licensed if being used beyond the trial period of 30 days.
» Head-End and/or Field Monitoring of ATSC / DVB / ISDB broadcasts «
- for ATSC, DVB or ISDB monitoring or for various analysis solutions SAMager-Agent acts as SNMP Master Agent
- one leg of the agent is communicating with the monitoring components (SAMbuddy-RF, SAMcorder, SAMitor …) running right on the monitoring probe
- the other leg is communicating with the SNMP client (NMS) operated by the broadcaster, e.g. the SAMager-Observer or any other SNMP client using the decontis SNMP MIB) which receives SNMP traps, performs status queries and administers the probe via SNMP. d